How many syllables in West
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The point in the heavens where the sun is seen to set at the
equinox; or, the corresponding point on the earth; that one of the four
cardinal points of the compass which is in a direction at right angles
to that of north and south, and on the left hand of a person facing
north; the point directly opposite to east.
- n. - A country, or region of country, which, with regard to some
other country or region, is situated in the direction toward the west.
- n. - The Westen hemisphere, or the New World so called, it having
been discovered by sailing westward from Europe; the Occident.
- n. - Formerly, that part of the United States west of the
Alleghany mountains; now, commonly, the whole region west of the
Mississippi river; esp., that part which is north of the Indian
Territory, New Mexico, etc. Usually with the definite article.
- a. - Lying toward the west; situated at the west, or in a western
direction from the point of observation or reckoning; proceeding toward
the west, or coming from the west; as, a west course is one toward the
west; an east and west line; a west wind blows from the west.
- adv. - Westward.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?