How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To rub and tear or mark the surface of with something
sharp or ragged; to scrape, roughen, or wound slightly by drawing
something pointed or rough across, as the claws, the nails, a pin, or
- v. t. - To write or draw hastily or awkwardly.
- v. t. - To cancel by drawing one or more lines through, as the
name of a candidate upon a ballot, or of a horse in a list; hence, to
erase; to efface; -- often with out.
- v. t. - To dig or excavate with the claws; as, some animals
scratch holes, in which they burrow.
- v. i. - To use the claws or nails in tearing or in digging; to
- v. i. - To score, not by skillful play but by some fortunate
chance of the game.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?