How many syllables in Rest
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To arrest.
- n. - A state of quiet or repose; a cessation from motion or labor;
tranquillity; as, rest from mental exertion; rest of body or mind.
- n. - Hence, freedom from everything which wearies or disturbs;
- n. - Sleep; slumber; hence, poetically, death.
- n. - That on which anything rests or leans for support; as, a rest
in a lathe, for supporting the cutting tool or steadying the work.
- n. - A projection from the right side of the cuirass, serving to
support the lance.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?