How many syllables in Plane
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Any tree of the genus Platanus.
- a. - Without elevations or depressions; even; level; flat; lying
in, or constituting, a plane; as, a plane surface.
- a. - A surface, real or imaginary, in which, if any two points
are taken, the straight line which joins them lies wholly in that
surface; or a surface, any section of which by a like surface is a
straight line; a surface without curvature.
- a. - An ideal surface, conceived as coinciding with, or
containing, some designated astronomical line, circle, or other curve;
as, the plane of an orbit; the plane of the ecliptic, or of the
- a. - A block or plate having a perfectly flat surface, used as a
standard of flatness; a surface plate.
- a. - A tool for smoothing boards or other surfaces of wood, for
forming moldings, etc. It consists of a smooth-soled stock, usually of
wood, from the under side or face of which projects slightly the steel
cutting edge of a chisel, called the iron, which inclines backward,
with an apperture in front for the escape of shavings; as, the jack
plane; the smoothing plane; the molding plane, etc.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?