How many syllables in Ban
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A public proclamation or edict; a public order or notice,
mandatory or prohibitory; a summons by public proclamation.
- n. - A calling together of the king's (esp. the French king's)
vassals for military service; also, the body of vassals thus assembled
or summoned. In present usage, in France and Prussia, the most
effective part of the population liable to military duty and not in the
- n. - Notice of a proposed marriage, proclaimed in church. See Banns
(the common spelling in this sense).
- n. - An interdiction, prohibition, or proscription.
- n. - A curse or anathema.
- n. - A pecuniary mulct or penalty laid upon a delinquent for
offending against a ban; as, a mulct paid to a bishop by one guilty of
sacrilege or other crimes.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?