How many syllables in Pinch
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To press hard or squeeze between the ends of the fingers,
between teeth or claws, or between the jaws of an instrument; to
squeeze or compress, as between any two hard bodies.
- v. t. - o seize; to grip; to bite; -- said of animals.
- v. t. - To plait.
- v. t. - Figuratively: To cramp; to straiten; to oppress; to
starve; to distress; as, to be pinched for money.
- v. t. - To move, as a railroad car, by prying the wheels with a
pinch. See Pinch, n., 4.
- v. i. - To act with pressing force; to compress; to squeeze; as,
the shoe pinches.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?