How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A sensation of dryness in the throat associated with a
craving for liquids, produced by deprivation of drink, or by some other
cause (as fear, excitement, etc.) which arrests the secretion of the
pharyngeal mucous membrane; hence, the condition producing this
- n. - Fig.: A want and eager desire after anything; a craving or
longing; -- usually with for, of, or after; as, the thirst for gold.
- n. - To feel thirst; to experience a painful or uneasy sensation
of the throat or fauces, as for want of drink.
- n. - To have a vehement desire.
- v. t. - To have a thirst for.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?