How many syllables in Pride
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A small European lamprey (Petromyzon branchialis); -- called
also prid, and sandpiper.
- n. - The quality or state of being proud; inordinate self-esteem;
an unreasonable conceit of one's own superiority in talents, beauty,
wealth, rank, etc., which manifests itself in lofty airs, distance,
reserve, and often in contempt of others.
- n. - A sense of one's own worth, and abhorrence of what is
beneath or unworthy of one; lofty self-respect; noble self-esteem;
elevation of character; dignified bearing; proud delight; -- in a good
- n. - Proud or disdainful behavior or treatment; insolence or
arrogance of demeanor; haughty bearing and conduct; insolent
- n. - That of which one is proud; that which excites boasting or
self-gratulation; the occasion or ground of self-esteem, or of arrogant
and presumptuous confidence, as beauty, ornament, noble character,
- n. - Show; ostentation; glory.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?