How many syllables in North
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - That one of the four cardinal points of the compass, at any
place, which lies in the direction of the true meridian, and to the
left hand of a person facing the east; the direction opposite to the
- n. - Any country or region situated farther to the north than
another; the northern section of a country.
- n. - Specifically: That part of the United States lying north of
Mason and Dixon's line. See under Line.
- a. - Lying toward the north; situated at the north, or in a
northern direction from the point of observation or reckoning;
proceeding toward the north, or coming from the north.
- v. i. - To turn or move toward the north; to veer from the east
or west toward the north.
- adv. - Northward.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?