How many syllables in Grate
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Serving to gratify; agreeable.
- n. - A structure or frame containing parallel or crosed bars,
with interstices; a kind of latticework, such as is used ia the windows
of prisons and cloisters.
- n. - A frame or bed, or kind of basket, of iron bars, for holding
fuel while burning.
- v. t. - To furnish with grates; to protect with a grating or
crossbars; as, to grate a window.
- v. t. - To rub roughly or harshly, as one body against another,
causing a harsh sound; as, to grate the teeth; to produce (a harsh
sound) by rubbing.
- v. t. - To reduce to small particles by rubbing with anything
rough or indented; as, to grate a nutmeg.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?