How many syllables in Bond
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - That which binds, ties, fastens, or confines, or by which
anything is fastened or bound, as a cord, chain, etc.; a band; a
ligament; a shackle or a manacle.
- n. - The state of being bound; imprisonment; captivity, restraint.
- n. - A binding force or influence; a cause of union; a uniting
tie; as, the bonds of fellowship.
- n. - Moral or political duty or obligation.
- n. - A writing under seal, by which a person binds himself, his
heirs, executors, and administrators, to pay a certain sum on or before
a future day appointed. This is a single bond. But usually a condition
is added, that, if the obligor shall do a certain act, appear at a
certain place, conform to certain rules, faithfully perform certain
duties, or pay a certain sum of money, on or before a time specified,
the obligation shall be void; otherwise it shall remain in full force.
If the condition is not performed, the bond becomes forfeited, and the
obligor and his heirs are liable to the payment of the whole sum.
- n. - An instrument (of the nature of the ordinary legal bond) made
by a government or a corporation for purpose of borrowing money; as, a
government, city, or railway bond.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?