How many syllables in Swell
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To grow larger; to dilate or extend the exterior surface
or dimensions, by matter added within, or by expansion of the inclosed
substance; as, the legs swell in dropsy; a bruised part swells; a
bladder swells by inflation.
- v. i. - To increase in size or extent by any addition; to
increase in volume or force; as, a river swells, and overflows its
banks; sounds swell or diminish.
- v. i. - To rise or be driven into waves or billows; to heave; as,
in tempest, the ocean swells into waves.
- v. i. - To be puffed up or bloated; as, to swell with pride.
- v. i. - To be inflated; to belly; as, the sails swell.
- v. i. - To be turgid, bombastic, or extravagant; as, swelling
words; a swelling style.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?