How many syllables in Hiss
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To make with the mouth a prolonged sound like that of the
letter s, by driving the breath between the tongue and the teeth; to
make with the mouth a sound like that made by a goose or a snake when
angered; esp., to make such a sound as an expression of hatred,
passion, or disapproval.
- v. i. - To make a similar noise by any means; to pass with a
sibilant sound; as, the arrow hissed as it flew.
- v. t. - To condemn or express contempt for by hissing.
- v. t. - To utter with a hissing sound.
- n. - A prolonged sound like that letter s, made by forcing out the
breath between the tongue and teeth, esp. as a token of disapprobation
- n. - Any sound resembling that above described
1 Syllable Words Starting with?