How many syllables in Sweep
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To pass a broom across (a surface) so as to remove loose
dirt, dust, etc.; to brush, or rub over, with a broom for the purpose
of cleaning; as, to sweep a floor, the street, or a chimney. Used also
- v. i. - To drive or carry along or off with a broom or a brush,
or as if with a broom; to remove by, or as if by, brushing; as, to
sweep dirt from a floor; the wind sweeps the snow from the hills; a
freshet sweeps away a dam, timber, or rubbish; a pestilence sweeps off
- v. i. - To brush against or over; to rub lightly along.
- v. i. - To carry with a long, swinging, or dragging motion;
hence, to carry in a stately or proud fashion.
- v. i. - To strike with a long stroke.
- v. i. - To draw or drag something over; as, to sweep the bottom
of a river with a net.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?