How many syllables in Bait
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - Any substance, esp. food, used in catching fish, or other
animals, by alluring them to a hook, snare, inclosure, or net.
- v. i. - Anything which allures; a lure; enticement; temptation.
- v. i. - A portion of food or drink, as a refreshment taken on a
journey; also, a stop for rest and refreshment.
- v. i. - A light or hasty luncheon.
- v. t. - To provoke and harass; esp., to harass or torment for
sport; as, to bait a bear with dogs; to bait a bull.
- v. t. - To give a portion of food and drink to, upon the road; as,
to bait horses.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?