How many syllables in Suck
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To draw, as a liquid, by the action of the mouth and
tongue, which tends to produce a vacuum, and causes the liquid to rush
in by atmospheric pressure; to draw, or apply force to, by exhausting
- v. t. - To draw liquid from by the action of the mouth; as, to
suck an orange; specifically, to draw milk from (the mother, the
breast, etc.) with the mouth; as, the young of an animal sucks the
mother, or dam; an infant sucks the breast.
- v. t. - To draw in, or imbibe, by any process resembles sucking;
to inhale; to absorb; as, to suck in air; the roots of plants suck
water from the ground.
- v. t. - To draw or drain.
- v. t. - To draw in, as a whirlpool; to swallow up.
- v. i. - To draw, or attempt to draw, something by suction, as with
the mouth, or through a tube.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?