How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - A single pass of a needle in sewing; the loop or turn of
the thread thus made.
- v. i. - A single turn of the thread round a needle in knitting;
a link, or loop, of yarn; as, to let down, or drop, a stitch; to take
up a stitch.
- v. i. - A space of work taken up, or gone over, in a single pass
of the needle; hence, by extension, any space passed over; distance.
- v. i. - A local sharp pain; an acute pain, like the piercing of
a needle; as, a stitch in the side.
- v. i. - A contortion, or twist.
- v. i. - Any least part of a fabric or dress; as, to wet every
stitch of clothes.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?