How many syllables in Keel
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. & i. - To cool; to skim or stir.
- n. - A brewer's cooling vat; a keelfat.
- n. - A longitudinal timber, or series of timbers scarfed together,
extending from stem to stern along the bottom of a vessel. It is the
principal timber of the vessel, and, by means of the ribs attached on
each side, supports the vessel's frame. In an iron vessel, a
combination of plates supplies the place of the keel of a wooden ship.
See Illust. of Keelson.
- n. - Fig.: The whole ship.
- n. - A barge or lighter, used on the Type for carrying coal from
Newcastle; also, a barge load of coal, twenty-one tons, four cwt.
- n. - The two lowest petals of the corolla of a papilionaceous
flower, united and inclosing the stamens and pistil; a carina. See
1 Syllable Words Starting with?