How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An artifical passage for water, fitted with a valve or
gate, as in a mill stream, for stopping or regulating the flow; also, a
water gate or flood gate.
- n. - Hence, an opening or channel through which anything flows;
a source of supply.
- n. - The stream flowing through a flood gate.
- n. - A long box or trough through which water flows, -- used for
washing auriferous earth.
- v. t. - To emit by, or as by, flood gates.
- v. t. - To wet copiously, as by opening a sluice; as, to sluice
1 Syllable Words Starting with?