How many syllables in Short
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- superl. - Not long; having brief length or linear extension; as,
a short distance; a short piece of timber; a short flight.
- superl. - Not extended in time; having very limited duration; not
protracted; as, short breath.
- superl. - Limited in quantity; inadequate; insufficient; scanty;
as, a short supply of provisions, or of water.
- superl. - Insufficiently provided; inadequately supplied;
scantily furnished; lacking; not coming up to a resonable, or the
ordinary, standard; -- usually with of; as, to be short of money.
- superl. - Deficient; defective; imperfect; not coming up, as to a
measure or standard; as, an account which is short of the trith.
- superl. - Not distant in time; near at hand.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?