How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- imp. & p. p. - of Grind
- n. - The surface of the earth; the outer crust of the globe, or
some indefinite portion of it.
- n. - A floor or pavement supposed to rest upon the earth.
- n. - Any definite portion of the earth's surface; region;
territory; country. Hence: A territory appropriated to, or resorted to,
for a particular purpose; the field or place of action; as, a hunting
or fishing ground; a play ground.
- n. - Land; estate; possession; field; esp. (pl.), the gardens,
lawns, fields, etc., belonging to a homestead; as, the grounds of the
estate are well kept.
- n. - The basis on which anything rests; foundation. Hence: The
foundation of knowledge, belief, or conviction; a premise, reason, or
datum; ultimate or first principle; cause of existence or occurrence;
originating force or agency; as, the ground of my hope.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?