How many syllables in Rub
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To subject (a body) to the action of something moving over
its surface with pressure and friction, especially to the action of
something moving back and forth; as, to rub the flesh with the hand; to
rub wood with sandpaper.
- v. t. - To move over the surface of (a body) with pressure and
friction; to graze; to chafe; as, the boat rubs the ground.
- v. t. - To cause (a body) to move with pressure and friction along
a surface; as, to rub the hand over the body.
- v. t. - To spread a substance thinly over; to smear.
- v. t. - To scour; to burnish; to polish; to brighten; to cleanse;
-- often with up or over; as, to rub up silver.
- v. t. - To hinder; to cross; to thwart.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?