How many syllables in Blast
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A violent gust of wind.
- n. - A forcible stream of air from an orifice, as from a bellows,
the mouth, etc. Hence: The continuous blowing to which one charge of
ore or metal is subjected in a furnace; as, to melt so many tons of
iron at a blast.
- n. - The exhaust steam from and engine, driving a column of air
out of a boiler chimney, and thus creating an intense draught through
the fire; also, any draught produced by the blast.
- n. - The sound made by blowing a wind instrument; strictly, the
sound produces at one breath.
- n. - A sudden, pernicious effect, as if by a noxious wind,
especially on animals and plants; a blight.
- n. - The act of rending, or attempting to rend, heavy masses of
rock, earth, etc., by the explosion of gunpowder, dynamite, etc.; also,
the charge used for this purpose.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?