How many syllables in Lie
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - See Lye.
- n. - A falsehood uttered or acted for the purpose of deception; an
intentional violation of truth; an untruth spoken with the intention to
- n. - A fiction; a fable; an untruth.
- n. - Anything which misleads or disappoints.
- v. i. - To utter falsehood with an intention to deceive; to say or
do that which is intended to deceive another, when he a right to know
the truth, or when morality requires a just representation.
- adj. - To rest extended on the ground, a bed, or any support; to
be, or to put one's self, in an horizontal position, or nearly so; to
be prostate; to be stretched out; -- often with down, when predicated
of living creatures; as, the book lies on the table; the snow lies on
the roof; he lies in his coffin.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?