How many syllables in Lick
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To draw or pass the tongue over; as, a dog licks his
- v. t. - To lap; to take in with the tongue; as, a dog or cat licks
- v. - A stroke of the tongue in licking.
- v. - A quick and careless application of anything, as if by a
stroke of the tongue, or of something which acts like a tongue; as, to
put on colors with a lick of the brush. Also, a small quantity of any
substance so applied.
- v. - A place where salt is found on the surface of the earth, to
which wild animals resort to lick it up; -- often, but not always, near
- v. t. - To strike with repeated blows for punishment; to flog; to
whip or conquer, as in a pugilistic encounter.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?