How many syllables in Port
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A dark red or purple astringent wine made in Portugal. It
contains a large percentage of alcohol.
- v. - A place where ships may ride secure from storms; a sheltered
inlet, bay, or cove; a harbor; a haven. Used also figuratively.
- v. - In law and commercial usage, a harbor where vessels are
admitted to discharge and receive cargoes, from whence they depart and
where they finish their voyages.
- n. - A passageway; an opening or entrance to an inclosed place; a
gate; a door; a portal.
- n. - An opening in the side of a vessel; an embrasure through
which cannon may be discharged; a porthole; also, the shutters which
close such an opening.
- n. - A passageway in a machine, through which a fluid, as steam,
water, etc., may pass, as from a valve to the interior of the cylinder
of a steam engine; an opening in a valve seat, or valve face.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?