How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A measure of length or distance, varying in different
countries from about 2.4 to 4.6 English statute miles of 5.280 feet
each, and used (as a land measure) chiefly on the continent of Europe,
and in the Spanish parts of America. The marine league of England and
the United States is equal to three marine, or geographical, miles of
6080 feet each.
- n. - A stone erected near a public road to mark the distance of
- n. - An alliance or combination of two or more nations, parties,
or persons, for the accomplishment of a purpose which requires a
continued course of action, as for mutual defense, or for furtherance
of commercial, religious, or political interests, etc.
- v. i. - To unite in a league or confederacy; to combine for
mutual support; to confederate.
- v. t. - To join in a league; to cause to combine for a joint
purpose; to combine; to unite; as, common interests will league
1 Syllable Words Starting with?