How many syllables in Inch
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An island; -- often used in the names of small islands off
the coast of Scotland, as in Inchcolm, Inchkeith, etc.
- n. - A measure of length, the twelfth part of a foot, commonly
subdivided into halves, quarters, eights, sixteenths, etc., as among
mechanics. It was also formerly divided into twelve parts, called
lines, and originally into three parts, called barleycorns, its length
supposed to have been determined from three grains of barley placed end
to end lengthwise. It is also sometimes called a prime ('), composed of
twelve seconds (''), as in the duodecimal system of arithmetic.
- n. - A small distance or degree, whether of time or space; hence,
a critical moment.
- v. t. - To drive by inches, or small degrees.
- v. t. - To deal out by inches; to give sparingly.
- v. i. - To advance or retire by inches or small degrees; to move
1 Syllable Words Starting with?