How many syllables in Skim
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To clear (a liquid) from scum or substance floating or
lying thereon, by means of a utensil that passes just beneath the
surface; as, to skim milk; to skim broth.
- v. t. - To take off by skimming; as, to skim cream.
- v. t. - To pass near the surface of; to brush the surface of; to
glide swiftly along the surface of.
- v. t. - Fig.: To read or examine superficially and rapidly, in
order to cull the principal facts or thoughts; as, to skim a book or a
- v. i. - To pass lightly; to glide along in an even, smooth course;
to glide along near the surface.
- v. i. - To hasten along with superficial attention.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?