How many syllables in Chock
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To stop or fasten, as with a wedge, or block; to scotch;
as, to chock a wheel or cask.
- v. i. - To fill up, as a cavity.
- n. - A wedge, or block made to fit in any space which it is
desired to fill, esp. something to steady a cask or other body, or
prevent it from moving, by fitting into the space around or beneath it.
- n. - A heavy casting of metal, usually fixed near the gunwale. It
has two short horn-shaped arms curving inward, between which ropes or
hawsers may pass for towing, mooring, etc.
- adv. - Entirely; quite; as, chock home; chock aft.
- v. t. - To encounter.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?