How many syllables in Gage
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A pledge or pawn; something laid down or given as a security
for the performance of some act by the person depositing it, and
forfeited by nonperformance; security.
- n. - A glove, cap, or the like, cast on the ground as a challenge
to combat, and to be taken up by the accepter of the challenge; a
challenge; a defiance.
- n. - A variety of plum; as, the greengage; also, the blue gage,
frost gage, golden gage, etc., having more or less likeness to the
greengage. See Greengage.
- n. - To give or deposit as a pledge or security for some act; to
wage or wager; to pawn or pledge.
- n. - To bind by pledge, or security; to engage.
- n. - A measure or standard. See Gauge, n.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?