How many syllables in But
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- adv. & conj. - Except with; unless with; without.
- adv. & conj. - Except; besides; save.
- adv. & conj. - Excepting or excluding the fact that; save that;
were it not that; unless; -- elliptical, for but that.
- adv. & conj. - Otherwise than that; that not; -- commonly, after a
negative, with that.
- adv. & conj. - Only; solely; merely.
- adv. & conj. - On the contrary; on the other hand; only; yet;
still; however; nevertheless; more; further; -- as connective of
sentences or clauses of a sentence, in a sense more or less exceptive
or adversative; as, the House of Representatives passed the bill, but
the Senate dissented; our wants are many, but quite of another kind.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?