How many syllables in Art
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- - The second person singular, indicative mode, present tense, of
the substantive verb Be; but formed after the analogy of the plural
are, with the ending -t, as in thou shalt, wilt, orig. an ending of the
second person sing. pret. Cf. Be. Now used only in solemn or poetical
- n. - The employment of means to accomplish some desired end; the
adaptation of things in the natural world to the uses of life; the
application of knowledge or power to practical purposes.
- n. - A system of rules serving to facilitate the performance of
certain actions; a system of principles and rules for attaining a
desired end; method of doing well some special work; -- often
contradistinguished from science or speculative principles; as, the art
of building or engraving; the art of war; the art of navigation.
- n. - The systematic application of knowledge or skill in effecting
a desired result. Also, an occupation or business requiring such
knowledge or skill.
- n. - The application of skill to the production of the beautiful by
imitation or design, or an occupation in which skill is so employed, as
in painting and sculpture; one of the fine arts; as, he prefers art to
- n. - Those branches of learning which are taught in the academical
course of colleges; as, master of arts.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?