How many syllables in Wolf
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Any one of several species of wild and savage carnivores
belonging to the genus Canis and closely allied to the common dog. The
best-known and most destructive species are the European wolf (Canis
lupus), the American gray, or timber, wolf (C. occidentalis), and the
prairie wolf, or coyote. Wolves often hunt in packs, and may thus
attack large animals and even man.
- a. - One of the destructive, and usually hairy, larvae of several
species of beetles and grain moths; as, the bee wolf.
- a. - Fig.: Any very ravenous, rapacious, or destructive person or
thing; especially, want; starvation; as, they toiled hard to keep the
wolf from the door.
- a. - A white worm, or maggot, which infests granaries.
- a. - An eating ulcer or sore. Cf. Lupus.
- a. - The harsh, howling sound of some of the chords on an organ or
piano tuned by unequal temperament.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?