How many syllables in Wedge
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A piece of metal, or other hard material, thick at one end,
and tapering to a thin edge at the other, used in splitting wood,
rocks, etc., in raising heavy bodies, and the like. It is one of the
six elementary machines called the mechanical powers. See Illust. of
Mechanical powers, under Mechanical.
- n. - A solid of five sides, having a rectangular base, two
rectangular or trapezoidal sides meeting in an edge, and two triangular
- n. - A mass of metal, especially when of a wedgelike form.
- n. - Anything in the form of a wedge, as a body of troops drawn
up in such a form.
- n. - The person whose name stands lowest on the list of the
classical tripos; -- so called after a person (Wedgewood) who occupied
this position on the first list of 1828.
- v. t. - To cleave or separate with a wedge or wedges, or as with
a wedge; to rive.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?