How many syllables in Wad
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Woad.
- n. - A little mass, tuft, or bundle, as of hay or tow.
- n. - Specifically: A little mass of some soft or flexible material,
such as hay, straw, tow, paper, or old rope yarn, used for retaining a
charge of powder in a gun, or for keeping the powder and shot close;
also, to diminish or avoid the effects of windage. Also, by extension,
a dusk of felt, pasteboard, etc., serving a similar purpose.
- n. - A soft mass, especially of some loose, fibrous substance, used
for various purposes, as for stopping an aperture, padding a garment,
- v. t. - To form into a mass, or wad, or into wadding; as, to wad
tow or cotton.
- v. t. - To insert or crowd a wad into; as, to wad a gun; also, to
stuff or line with some soft substance, or wadding, like cotton; as, to
wad a cloak.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?