How many syllables in Try
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To divide or separate, as one sort from another; to winnow;
to sift; to pick out; -- frequently followed by out; as, to try out the
wild corn from the good.
- v. t. - To purify or refine, as metals; to melt out, and procure in
a pure state, as oil, tallow, lard, etc.
- v. t. - To prove by experiment; to apply a test to, for the purpose
of determining the quality; to examine; to prove; to test; as, to try
weights or measures by a standard; to try a man's opinions.
- v. t. - To subject to severe trial; to put to the test; to cause
suffering or trouble to.
- v. t. - To experiment with; to test by use; as, to try a remedy for
disease; to try a horse.
- v. t. - To strain; to subject to excessive tests; as, the light
tries his eyes; repeated disappointments try one's patience.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?