How many syllables in Truss
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A bundle; a package; as, a truss of grass.
- n. - A padded jacket or dress worn under armor, to protect the
body from the effects of friction; also, a part of a woman's dress; a
- n. - A bandage or apparatus used in cases of hernia, to keep up
the reduced parts and hinder further protrusion, and for other
- n. - A tuft of flowers formed at the top of the main stalk, or
stem, of certain plants.
- n. - The rope or iron used to keep the center of a yard to the
- n. - An assemblage of members of wood or metal, supported at two
points, and arranged to transmit pressure vertically to those points,
with the least possible strain across the length of any member.
Architectural trusses when left visible, as in open timber roofs, often
contain members not needed for construction, or are built with greater
massiveness than is requisite, or are composed in unscientific ways in
accordance with the exigencies of style.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?