How many syllables in Tax
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A charge, especially a pecuniary burden which is imposed by
- n. - A charge or burden laid upon persons or property for the
support of a government.
- n. - Especially, the sum laid upon specific things, as upon polls,
lands, houses, income, etc.; as, a land tax; a window tax; a tax on
carriages, and the like.
- n. - A sum imposed or levied upon the members of a society to
defray its expenses.
- n. - A task exacted from one who is under control; a contribution
or service, the rendering of which is imposed upon a subject.
- n. - A disagreeable or burdensome duty or charge; as, a heavy tax
on time or health.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?