How many syllables in Sweet
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- superl. - Having an agreeable taste or flavor such as that of
sugar; saccharine; -- opposed to sour and bitter; as, a sweet beverage;
sweet fruits; sweet oranges.
- superl. - Pleasing to the smell; fragrant; redolent; balmy; as, a
sweet rose; sweet odor; sweet incense.
- superl. - Pleasing to the ear; soft; melodious; harmonious; as,
the sweet notes of a flute or an organ; sweet music; a sweet voice; a
- superl. - Pleasing to the eye; beautiful; mild and attractive;
fair; as, a sweet face; a sweet color or complexion.
- superl. - Fresh; not salt or brackish; as, sweet water.
- superl. - Not changed from a sound or wholesome state.
Specifically: (a) Not sour; as, sweet milk or bread. (b) Not state; not
putrescent or putrid; not rancid; as, sweet butter; sweet meat or fish.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?