How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To inspect, or take a view of; to view with attention,
as from a high place; to overlook; as, to stand on a hill, and survey
the surrounding country.
- v. t. - To view with a scrutinizing eye; to examine.
- v. t. - To examine with reference to condition, situation,
value, etc.; to examine and ascertain the state of; as, to survey a
building in order to determine its value and exposure to loss by fire.
- v. t. - To determine the form, extent, position, etc., of, as a
tract of land, a coast, harbor, or the like, by means of linear and
angular measurments, and the application of the principles of geometry
and trigonometry; as, to survey land or a coast.
- v. t. - To examine and ascertain, as the boundaries and
royalties of a manor, the tenure of the tenants, and the rent and value
of the same.
- n. - The act of surveying; a general view, as from above.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?