How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The act of coming upon, or taking, unawares; the act of
seizing unexpectedly; surprisal; as, the fort was taken by surprise.
- n. - The state of being surprised, or taken unawares, by some
act or event which could not reasonably be foreseen; emotion excited by
what is sudden and strange; a suddenly excited feeling of wonder or
- n. - Anything that causes such a state or emotion.
- n. - A dish covered with a crust of raised paste, but with no
- n. - To come or fall suddenly and unexpectedly; to take
unawares; to seize or capture by unexpected attack.
- n. - To strike with wonder, astonishment, or confusion, by
something sudden, unexpected, or remarkable; to confound; as, his
conduct surprised me.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?