How many syllables in Stop
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To close, as an aperture, by filling or by obstructing;
as, to stop the ears; hence, to stanch, as a wound.
- v. t. - To obstruct; to render impassable; as, to stop a way,
road, or passage.
- v. t. - To arrest the progress of; to hinder; to impede; to shut
in; as, to stop a traveler; to stop the course of a stream, or a flow
- v. t. - To hinder from acting or moving; to prevent the effect or
efficiency of; to cause to cease; to repress; to restrain; to suppress;
to interrupt; to suspend; as, to stop the execution of a decree, the
progress of vice, the approaches of old age or infirmity.
- v. t. - To regulate the sounds of, as musical strings, by pressing
them against the finger board with the finger, or by shortening in any
way the vibrating part.
- v. t. - To point, as a composition; to punctuate.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?