How many syllables in Stain
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To discolor by the application of foreign matter; to make
foul; to spot; as, to stain the hand with dye; armor stained with
- v. t. - To color, as wood, glass, paper, cloth, or the like, by
processess affecting, chemically or otherwise, the material itself; to
tinge with a color or colors combining with, or penetrating, the
substance; to dye; as, to stain wood with acids, colored washes, paint
rubbed in, etc.; to stain glass.
- v. t. - To spot with guilt or infamy; to bring reproach on; to
blot; to soil; to tarnish.
- v. t. - To cause to seem inferior or soiled by comparison.
- v. i. - To give or receive a stain; to grow dim.
- n. - A discoloration by foreign matter; a spot; as, a stain on a
garment or cloth.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?