How many syllables in Soil
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To feed, as cattle or horses, in the barn or an inclosure,
with fresh grass or green food cut for them, instead of sending them
out to pasture; hence (such food having the effect of purging them), to
purge by feeding on green food; as, to soil a horse.
- n. - The upper stratum of the earth; the mold, or that compound
substance which furnishes nutriment to plants, or which is particularly
adapted to support and nourish them.
- n. - Land; country.
- n. - Dung; faeces; compost; manure; as, night soil.
- v. t. - To enrich with soil or muck; to manure.
- n. - A marshy or miry place to which a hunted boar resorts for
refuge; hence, a wet place, stream, or tract of water, sought for by
other game, as deer.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?