How many syllables in Sleep
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- - imp. of Sleep. Slept.
- v. i. - To take rest by a suspension of the voluntary exercise of
the powers of the body and mind, and an apathy of the organs of sense;
- v. i. - To be careless, inattentive, or uncouncerned; not to be
vigilant; to live thoughtlessly.
- v. i. - To be dead; to lie in the grave.
- v. i. - To be, or appear to be, in repose; to be quiet; to be
unemployed, unused, or unagitated; to rest; to lie dormant; as, a
question sleeps for the present; the law sleeps.
- v. t. - To be slumbering in; -- followed by a cognate object; as,
to sleep a dreamless sleep.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?