How many syllables in Sill
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The basis or foundation of a thing; especially, a horizontal
piece, as a timber, which forms the lower member of a frame, or
supports a structure; as, the sills of a house, of a bridge, of a loom,
and the like.
- n. - The timber or stone at the foot of a door; the threshold.
- n. - The timber or stone on which a window frame stands; or, the
lowest piece in a window frame.
- n. - The floor of a gallery or passage in a mine.
- n. - A piece of timber across the bottom of a canal lock for the
gates to shut against.
- n. - The shaft or thill of a carriage.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?