How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The joint, or the region of the joint, by which the fore
limb is connected with the body or with the shoulder girdle; the
projection formed by the bones and muscles about that joint.
- n. - The flesh and muscles connected with the shoulder joint;
the upper part of the back; that part of the human frame on which it is
most easy to carry a heavy burden; -- often used in the plural.
- n. - Fig.: That which supports or sustains; support.
- n. - That which resembles a human shoulder, as any
protuberance or projection from the body of a thing.
- n. - The upper joint of the fore leg and adjacent parts of an
animal, dressed for market; as, a shoulder of mutton.
- n. - The angle of a bastion included between the face and
flank. See Illust. of Bastion.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?