How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A broad piece of defensive armor, carried on the arm, --
formerly in general use in war, for the protection of the body. See
- n. - Anything which protects or defends; defense; shelter;
- n. - Figuratively, one who protects or defends.
- n. - In lichens, a Hardened cup or disk surrounded by a rim and
containing the fructification, or asci.
- n. - The escutcheon or field on which are placed the bearings in
coats of arms. Cf. Lozenge. See Illust. of Escutcheon.
- n. - A framework used to protect workmen in making an adit under
ground, and capable of being pushed along as excavation progresses.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?