How many syllables in Shade
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Comparative obscurity owing to interception or interruption
of the rays of light; partial darkness caused by the intervention of
something between the space contemplated and the source of light.
- n. - Darkness; obscurity; -- often in the plural.
- n. - An obscure place; a spot not exposed to light; hence, a
- n. - That which intercepts, or shelters from, light or the direct
rays of the sun; hence, also, that which protects from heat or currents
of air; a screen; protection; shelter; cover; as, a lamp shade.
- n. - Shadow.
- n. - The soul after its separation from the body; -- so called
because the ancients it to be perceptible to the sight, though not to
the touch; a spirit; a ghost; as, the shades of departed heroes.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?